terça-feira, 20 de setembro de 2005

Home Alone again this week

(after helping a friend not being alone at home... ->
it knows who....)


The title is an answer to a friends BLOG!!!
Well as I said I back home again. Last week I finally took some time to relax from summer hard work at the lab and get some deserved holidays!!!
This time I joined the useful to the pleasant and I went Zurich for a few days, visiting a good friend, in the way for the wedding of a common friend! By other words I visited Judith and we both went to Carola's wedding!!!!
Zurich is a very beautiful city and of course totally different from what I'm used to around here!!! It's very nice, very open, very clear city with a lot of green spaces and a nice forest to walk around very very close.
After spending some days in Zurich, a few places around, visiting the top of Santis (2502m), we went to Germany to a city called Spesbach near Landsthul, in the area of Kaiserlautern.
There were a few differences in the wedding compared with things around here!!! For a start my friend is Protestant (I'm catholic) so the ceremony is a bit different from what I'm used to. German apparently use their weeding ring on their right hand (left hand here in Portugal)!!! Instead of a very large party for the ceremony, they have something more cozy, and all their friends and know people have a party a few days before the wedding.

Ok I'll leave some photos as usual!!!

Judy's "office"


A lake


Zurich's Fraumunster


Limmat river in Zurich


Zurich seen from Polyterrasse


Zurich


Santis


Shelter / restaurant at the top of Santis


a walk in the forest around Zurich


Zurichsee


Chocolate fruits





PS - in that german area there a very strong presence of Americans due to the presence of a large US military airport, hospital and so on... Somehow I only had a song in my mind....

Lyrics ©2004 Rammstein. (translation)

We're all living in Amerika
Amerika ist wunderbar
We're all living in Amerika
Amerika, Amerika

Wenn getanzt wird will ich führen
auch wenn ihr euch alleine dreht
Lasst euch ein wenig kontrollieren
Ich zeige euch wie es richtig geht
Wir bilden einen lieben Reigen
Die Freiheit spielt auf allen Geigen
Musik kommt aus dem Weißen Haus
und vor Paris steht Micky Maus

We're all living in Amerika
Amerika ist wunderbar
We're all living in Amerika
Amerika, Amerika

Ich kenne Schritte die sehr nützen
und werde euch vor Fehltritt schützen
Und wer nicht tanzen will am Schluss
weiß noch nicht dass er tanzen muss
Wir bilden einen lieben Reigen
Ich werde euch die Richtung zeigen
Nach Afrika kommt Santa Claus
und vor Paris steht Micky Maus

We're all living in Amerika
Amerika ist wunderbar
We're all living in Amerika
Amerika, Amerika

We're all living in Amerika
Coca-Cola, Wonderbra
We're all living in Amerika
Amerika, Amerika

This is not a love song
This is not a love song
I don't sing my mother tongue
No, this is not a love song

We're all living in Amerika
Amerika ist wunderbar
We're all living in Amerika
Amerika, Amerika

We're all living in Amerika
Coca-Cola, sometimes war
We're all living in Amerika
Amerika, Amerika


Well... maybe not!!!

Um comentário:

Judith disse...

It seems you had a good time. So had I. It was funny, for me, all those places we visited were familiar and regular. It was interesting how amazing those places were for you. And what's wrong with my "office"? Hmmm???

I had the song in my mind and the first thing I did in the office was looking for it and listen to it. And nobody understood why I had to laugh about it. Thanks for everything! It was a funny week.